How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

how do I apply for a decree absolute if I dont know any details

Customer Question

how do I apply for a decree absolute if I don't know any details of how or where it was filed?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information to be able to answer:

What part of the UK are you in?
Are you sure a divorce petition has been filed at court?
Do you know what court the divorce petition was sent to?
If not the court, do you know the nearest town?
How long ago do you think the divorce petition was sent to court?