How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughters partner and his mother are in dispute with the

This answer was rated:

My daughter's partner and his mother are in dispute with the council and have now gone to the press. They have toldmy daughter they want one of the 2 children in the photo tomorrow. She doesn't want it to happen, but they are treating her as if she has no say in the matter. What can she do?
Regards ***** *****
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and is the father named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The eldest is 4 and the child they want for the photo is 18 months old. Yes the father is on the birth certificates.

regards Mary.

Why does your daughter object to this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because they are not asking her but just telling her as if she has no say. When she did object the mother said it would help them and they would collect her in the morning. This morning.

Its as if my daughter has no rights over her own children.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My daughter feels that its wrong to use her daughter and she feels its an intrusion to her privisy.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What sort of information do you need please?

My apologies for the delay.
The father has Parental Responsibility for the child and accordingly is entitled to give consent for the photograph.
Your daughter can apply to the court for an order forbidding the publication of the picture - however she will need a strong reason for not wishing such a photograph to be published
If you need further details then do not hesitate to ask
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you