How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have recently broken up with my partner. She intends to move

This answer was rated:

I have recently broken up with my partner. She intends to move roughly 300 miles away with our 2 children aged 4 and 5. She wants to move because she has no family here and wants to be with her family there. I am applying to the court for a prohibited steps order tomorrow as she has a history of just bailing without proper plans or preparation. I have come up with a rough contact agreement that I think she will agree with that I intend to present to her once the PSO is in place. My question is if we do come to an agreement between ourselves what is the process for having the agreement made into a court approved/appointed agreement? I don't feel comfortable with her moving so far without something legally binding to make sure myself and my 2 elder daughters get a suitable amount of contact with the 2 children that would be moving with her.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Once the Prohibited Steps Order is in place you should arrange to discuss matters with her using Family mediation (
Once the final arrangements are agreed you can then apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order by Consent
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you