How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am making enquires regarding the situation i am in with my

Customer Question

I am making enquires regarding the situation i am in with my xwife.I have been away from the joint home for the past ten years this she still lives in,the property is paid for in full and has been for the past six years.I have asked her if she would downsize as its a fourbedroom and lives in it on her own but alas no.I would like to get some money out of the property as i am seventy five and she is seventy eight.i enuired about equity releace but tell us that we both have to be living in the house,but i have heard that if i sign over my half of the deeds to her with an agreement from her that this would be the only way i will get my half Thank you Mr W J XXXXXXXXX

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you been divorced and did you discuss the financial issues at that time?
How much is the property worth and what other assets are there?
Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.