How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4971
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My husband and I have split due to him having an affair after

This answer was rated:

My husband and I have split due to him having an affair after 16 years. We run our own business we started the business 5 years ago. Its a limited company and I don't own any shares my name is ***** ***** the bank account. I deal with the Bank manager Vat man Tax man and accounts and my husband deals with customers. My husband is in the process of trying to sell the business am I entitle to half the business, half the shares, or nothing at all.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
Have a look at this website:
Here is The Family Law Co preamble:
'Divorce or civil partnership dissolution will certainly have an impact on your business. Historically, it has always been assumed the family business would be protected during a divorce, however, recent case law has shown that this may not always be the case. Today, the family business is considered to be an asset alongside the matrimonial / partnership home, investments and pensions. Every divorce is different and the court now considers all the family circumstances when arriving at a settlement.'
This should give you some guidance, but their is no substitute for the solicitor handling your side of the divorce proceedings. He must be alerted to the position.
I do hope I have shown you a way to proceed. This is essentially an UK taxation advice site and the advice our experts can give is severely limited.
bigduckontax and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you