How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
Family Law
This answer was rated:

Hi I'm not married to my ex and I want to know what his

Hi I'm not married to... Show More

Hi I'm not married to my ex and I want to know what his parental rights he is on my childrens birth certificate he does bad mouth me to the children and my oldest child comes back from his and is really bad behaved

Show Less
Ask Your Own Family Law Question
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what contact do they have with their father?
What do you wish to change ?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Hi clare my children are 7 and 9 and 2 they go to there dad two days a week my daughter who is seven keeps waking up in the middle of the night and says she is scared all the time and they came bck this weekend and said there father has been calling me nasty names and was drinking when he was looking after them just want to protect my children

Are there any court orders in place regarding the children.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.


Your ex has Parental Responsibility for your children just as you do - and any changes to arrangements regarding contact education health etc need to be discussed between you using Family Mediation (,uk) to agree a Parenting plan and address your concerns regarding his drinking and the things he says about you.
If he will not agree to this you may have to consider applying to the court for a Specific issue order stating that he will not drink whilst the children are with him.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details