How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hi, I have existing case with CSA since October 2012. My ex-husband

This answer was rated:

hi, I have existing case with CSA since October 2012. My ex-husband was only paying my son's maintenance until April 2013 and than reported income of 0.00. He is working full time again, started on 4.08.2014 and I already rang CSA to say that, until now heard nothing from them and now it is not possible to even ring them as they now have regions and I do not know how to contact them. My ex-husband stated in Financial Statement for the Court on 11.09.2014 that he is paying £400 monthly to CSA. This is not true but he clearly should pay now as he has got full time job, am I right?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When did you last hear from the CSA your self.?
Do you have a letter from them at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

last letter I received was MAY 2013 with the decision that there is no enough income to pay maintenance, I spoke to them on number of occasions as I had my husbands statements showing salary coming every month from the company he is director of. They asked me to fill our variations forms in September 2013 and I rang them in Jan 14 than in March, may, july and august. they were investigating the case for the whole last year.

Just to check - you sent them the evidence that he had an income last year?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I did, all his bank statements he posted to my solicitor as we have ongoing financial dispute

In that case you should write to the CSA ( always write never phone) and make a formal complaint about the amount of time they are taking to re- assess his income based on the dividends that he is receiving
Ask for confirmation that the matter has been investigated and for a breakdown of his income.
If you do not receive a response make a formal complaint about that as well - and ask for compensation for the loss of income that you have experienced.
This group may also be able to assist
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you