How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35085
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I signed an agreement with my husband before we was married

Customer Question

I signed an agreement with my husband before we was married that I would not take half the house off him as it was his and paid for, but we have since been married and moved in to a new house which I said I did not want to buy as it was derelict unless I owned half so he put the house in both our names and been here 2 years, my questions is will the agreement I signed about the old house still stand or not? when I say lets go to the solicitors to change the will's he just said waste of money don't worry about them?
can you help?
Many thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did you receive legal advice before you signed the document?
Was the former property sold?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I did not get legal advice it was just a document the solicitor made up and I signed.

Yes the former property was sold

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Then the document would not be enforceable in the event of a divorce so please do not worry.
In addition if his Will does not make proper provision for you then you will be able to make a claim against his estate
I hope that this of assistance - please ask if you need further details