How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi there, my husband recently had short affair (couple

This answer was rated:

Hi there, my husband recently had short affair (couple months) with work colleague which was found out after she sent him a text which I saw. He has admitted everything and we have since become very close again. His phone is in my name so I can get copies of the deleted texts he & she sent each other, and I also have a card that she sent him (the 'plan' was that they were going to live together leaving her husband and myself). Although they still work for same employer they don't speak. I originally wrote to her husband to tell him but had a feeling that he didn't get it (she intercepted it I guess) so I went to see him. Later that same day she asked to meet me and when I did she showed no emotion and denied everything saying that my husband made it up (even though she spoke to my 15 year old daughter telling her she was going to live with them)! Her husband has also been told there wasn't an affair and clearly believes her (even though this is her third). I also told her at our 'meeting' that should divorce proceedings take place, she would be the named party. I know that there was an affair and so do my husbands work colleagues but is it possible for me to obtain a solicitors letter referring to their relationship, texts, & her card & call with my daughter and that she 'could' still be named? Basically I want to move on but cannot whilst I and everyone else knows she's lying. Thank you. Su

Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but if you take any further steps to contact this woman or her husband then there is a high risk of the Police taking action against you for harassment
The fact that her husband is choosing to believe her is his problem and not yours.
There is no further action that you can take unless you wish to end your marriage.
If you do wish to do so then you will need to take action within six months of your finding out about the adultery - and there is no point in naming the other woman unless your husband confirms in writing that he did indeed have an intimate relationship with her.
I now that it is hard but you need to concentrate on what you are rebuilding and let this other woman and her husband find their own way
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you