How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hi Claire, as you are aware from my previous questions I

This answer was rated:

hi Claire,
as you are aware from my previous questions I have a court hearing in November. in the last hearing my ex partner confirmed to the court that he does use drugs and he does drink but not to an excess. he has had convictions of having cannabis and has been in prison for driving while disqualified and was over the limit in alcohol. he has undergone drug and akcohol test we are waiting for the result. I suspect it wont be that high as he knew that the case was going court so reduced his usage. he is pushing for unsupervised visits but I am sticking my ground for contact to remain at the contact centre. In addition to his drugs and alcohol he has been aggressive abusive, threatened to kill me and also I have letters from prison where he has stated that if I leave him he will snatch my daughter. he has already done this last November when the police came at our house I was crying a lot while he was calm and content and he convinced the police I had mental health issues. the police gave him the children but the fwin report released wth the court order clearly states that he agreed to take my daughter and wil bring her back when the situation calms down. the police were worried that I was very upset and wanted me to calm down. the court will clearly see that he didn't abide to the agreement with the police and he decided not to bring her back and I ended up I cour. I also have email conversations I had with his ex wife last November prior to my case going in court where she refers him as bully aggressive con artist and he has a crazy mind. he has a criminal record of obstruction on a police officer and harassment with his other ex's and also fraud.with all this eveidence what are his chances of getting unsupervised visits
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has a CAFCASS report been ordered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they did a phone interview with me and now they are coming to visit me and they said it will be an hour plus interview because when he took it to court he put allegations on me that children are dirty and I hit my children but the allegations were cleared with gp letter social service visit and nursery letter. he still doent behave at the centre. he tells her off for going out to the park with my partner and said why she calls him papa. he also gives her expensive gifts everyweek and this causes conflict as my eldest wants them but I cant afford.

Try not to worry - from what you have said he will have to work hard to get contact out of a centre as his ability to care for the child is in question.
Simply be honest with the CAFCASS officer about all that has happened and your very real concerns about his alcohol and drug abuse
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you