How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My partners ex-wife, as of April this year, has asked him to

Customer Question

My partners ex-wife, as of April this year, has asked him to complete a Clean Break consent order. My partner will have to disclose any savings that he has and also any equity in the property that we now have a joint mortage on, but prior to this the properyty was in my name only. His ex-wife doe snot have any savings and instead has debt.
My concerns are when a judge loks a the order, are they likely to instruct my partner to pay his exwife a lump sum from his savings or from the equity in the property? (the equity was in the property before it was nade into joint names)
Grateful for any guidance.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If it is not possible to get an answer, I will close the question but would like a refund?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Michelle,
We can refund on request, please confirm if you would like one.
In the meantime we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please could I have a refund, thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you (should you still wish it) but I need some further information first.
How long has your partner been separated form his ex and are there any children involved?
What happened to the former matrimonial home?