How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter has twins 8months their farther is in army dased

Customer Question

My daughter has twins 8months their farther is in army dased in Scotland they were never married he left her 6 months pregnant. Was not at the birth he came to see them a week later has not pay a thing for them has not bought a thing .he put his name on birth certificate but it was later that a friend told us it because he gets extra wages from the army he hasn't seen them since no one has stop him but she has getting in touch with cas he said he's not going to pay her anything because he's not seeing the kids she has told him there's nothing stopping him he just can't be bothered she has told him if he doesn't want to pay take his name off birth certificate but he won't can u give me some advice
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
If her ex is the biological father of the children then his name cannot be removed from the Birth Certificate.
You daughter needs to tell the CMS that she wishes to go forward with a formal claim.
There is a cost of £20 - but it is pointless her trying to make a direct arrangement with her ex when it is clear he will not pay.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details