James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

Hi my name is ***** ***** my partner and I have a barge we have

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** my partner and I have a barge we have just separated and need to sort things out. he brought the barge and after i took him back he asked me to come back up north to live with him. the moorings he says are in both of our names and we have spent the last 4yrs renovating it. We have a joint account and our own creadet cards to which we have brought most of the stuff we have needed so far, The joint account is were my wages and his retierment funds are both paid into and that has been our sorce to paying off the credet cards off as well he wont give me half the worth of the barge but has just today offerd me £4,000 and as soon as i find another place to live to move out or he will move the barge. Iam still living on the barge he has chosen to stop at his sisters for now but i have said as he has a key he can stop hear if he wishess.
hope you can help me.
Thank You
How much is the barge worth and how much have YOU spent on the renovations?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi the barge is worth about 40,000 which is what he paid for it. As for how much I have spent on it I haven't. Got a clue as all bills that I contributed to came out of the joint account. And he made a point of putting all orders in his name.

Just a best guess - given what you contributed to the account itself