How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Two questions, what are the charges for threatening behaviour

Customer Question

Two questions, what are the charges for threatening behaviour and breach of bail. ? And the second question. My sons ex partner will not let me see my grandchildren? What are my rights?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I am a family lawyer and can only answer the second part.
Is that acceptable to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare
My son is being sentenced for a harassment charge and criminal damage on the 23rd Jan 2015. Ashley will have a restrainant order placed on him of some kind.
Ashley went to the ex partners home because she had moved some stranger off the Internet in after just 3days. They had both agreed the other one would meet their new partners before they met the children. The children are 11months & 3yrs old.
We have not seen the children since 29th Sept 2014. Shauni the ex partner lived with me when she was 15yrs as she was one of 10 children. In the 6 years Ashley was with Shauni me and Shauni never fell out. She was like my daughter. I continued helping her even when they had split up. However our last conversation she was nasty and I did point out that she shouldn't have this guy with her living in the flat whilst claiming Housing Benefit. They could stop her housing benefit and then she could be at risk of losing hers and the children's home if she couldn't meet the rent payments. They would then look at this as her losing the home for her children. The children could then be put in care. I told her I couldn't see my Grand Children go in care so I would have to have them. She was stopping the children from seeing Ashley as well so I did tell her this would be unfair to the children and would therefore have to get the authorities involved. Shauni moved out of her flat with this random guy and we haven't seen the children since. What can we do about this and where do we stand legally? Shauni had originally put on her Police statement that I had never done anything to her and would probably use me as a 3rd party contact for the children. She has since changed her mind. As you can imagine this is very painful for Ashley myself and our entire family. I appreciate any legal advice Thanks Julie
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Have Social services actually been involved at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have the same Dr as Shauni. She has been so supportive towards my son. When I told her Shauni had disappeared with the children she told me I would need to contact social services if I didn't she would. So yes social services are involved.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
What have Social Services actually said about the care of the children?