How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my partner has left the property and living with his parents

This answer was rated:

my partner has left the property and living with his parents it is a joint mortgage (also have a 11 year old so together who lives with me) i dont want him to walk in and out of the house as he still has keys he said that has he owns half the house he can come and go as he pleases,ie have a bath , have a sleep, and wait for his son to come home from school is this correct
Thank you for your question. M
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes I am afraid that as a joint owner of the property he is indeed entitled to return to the property whenever he wishes.
If he uses or threatens violence then you can apply for an Order excluding him - but otherwise you will need to negotiate with your ex using Family mediation
to agree the terms of your separation
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you