How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34903
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have to set up a new child support agreement with ex- wife.

This answer was rated:

I have to set up a new child support agreement with ex- wife. We have arranged this amicably ourselves over the last 8 years but my circumstances have just altered. I have just retired from full time teaching. I have a pension income of £900.00 a month after tax and a salary of £800.00 a month from teaching part-time. Would like to know, so I do the calculations right, whether my pension is treated as income in the calculations
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes your pension is treated as income for child maintenance purposes and your calculations should include this
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. When I do the calculations on the on-line calculators , do I put in my pension gross (£1148) or net (£940) to ensure the amount I pay is accurate. It is not an acrimonious situation, I just want to do it right.

The newest calculations are all made using Gross Income
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help

You are most welcome I hope all goes well