How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

am i entitled to legal aid

Customer Question

my wife is trying to get an injunction on me to remove me from the marital home. can I get legal aid to fight this as it is not a matrimonial issue? and can I prevent her obtaining loans and other sources of finance secured against the marital home as we are already in a financial mess and she seems to be creating more debt

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who owns the property, how much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the mortgage is in joint names and is worth approximately £130,000 and there is £107,000 out standing on the mortgage

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Are there any children involved?
What other assets are there and what debts are you concerned about?
What income do you each have?