How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi there docter lgl,my ex girl has had a baby,we are not

This answer was rated:

Hi there docter lgl,my ex girl has had a baby,we are not together now,she gave birth about 6 months
after we split,i have only just found this out,i have been in tuch with her,she says its nothink to do with me and told me to keep away,i have been told thers nothink i can do no dna,well not without my ex 's saying yes no probs take some dna,WHICH is not going to hapen.
So what i would dearly love to no,do i as l could be the father,have any rights.pleas please hellp me im desparado...Thanks jonty.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
If you believe that the child is yours then you should try and discuss contact with your ex using Family mediation - by which I mean you need to make an appointment to do so.
If she refuses to attend then you will be able to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order - details here
Within the Court Application you can also ask for a DNA test to e done.
Of course if you are the father then no doubt your ex will claim child maintenance from you.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you