How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

The first court hearing for my divorce is scheduled in a few

This answer was rated:

My husband has not submitted his form E in response to a request to submit it to court. Our court appearance is in a few days. Is he playing games? If so what is there to gain from his point of few? What will happen court now or will it be postponed? What kind of issues do I need to be alert to. ... Thanks
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does he have a solicitor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes he does
It is a common delaying tactic - I can only assume they always hope that it will just go away!
At the first hearing your solicitor will ask for a Penal Notice to be made saying that if he does not complete the Form within a new time frame he can be sent to prison
If (as is likely) he files it at the last minute then your solicitor can ask for the hearing to be adjourned to give you time to go through the document - and ask that your ex pay the costs of the wasted hearing.
Stay calm and just make a list of the assets and accounts that you know he has so that you can check them off when the document does arrive
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you