How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35214
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

i am currently in a civil partnership and have been living

This answer was rated:

i am currently in a civil partnership and have been living apart for over two years but not five, can i get a dissolution without the other party agreeing as I do not know where he is currently living
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did you actually separate by agreement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We seperated because we wanted different things from the partnership. He then moved out my home into his own flat. so I guess that could be construed as by agreement

have you contacted and family members or friends to try and find him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have sent letters to addresses i had for them and tried ringing the numbers but have had no response to either

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
My apologies for the delay
You will need to try hard to find him for court purposes - including asking a n Enquiry Agent to try and trace him (usually £100 at most)
If he cannot find him then your only immediate option is to issue a Petition based on Unreasonable behaviour and ask the court to dispense with service of the paperwork on your ex,
Provided you can show that you have taken every possible step to trace him then all should be well
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you