How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, I'm spanish, but I'm living and working in UK one year

Customer Question

Hi, I'm spanish, but I'm living and working in UK one year ago.
I'm divorce of a english woman and we have a daughter of 5 years old.
With lies to the spanish Court and english Court she get the full custody of Amy (our daughter), and when I came to UK to visit my daughter (5 years ago when I was living in Spain) and I was arrested for the police with false accusations of fear for me (thanks of this she get the full custody and the divorce). The police check all my life and decide that all the accusations was wrong and kept free.
Now I'm working as a pharmacist for diferent companies, I have my DBS (Discloure Baring Service) and I never have problems with the justice.
I would like to see my daughter frequently (weekends, holidays, ...). What are the steps to do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When did you last see your daughter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, thanks for your attention.

The last see of my daughter was when she was three month old, in Spain, where my daughter was born. All times my exwife deny me the contact saying "leave my family in peace", but Amy is my daughter too.

When she was five, my exwife invited me to visit my daughter, and when I arrived to the airport in Newcastle, the police arrested me with false accusations of my exwife (she said that she had fear of me, she lied to get the custody of my daughter).

During a lot of time I'm earning money to pay a good solicitor in a near future, because she ruin me in Spain.

She lied to UK court saying bad things of me and saying that the last home was in UK and not in Spain and this is false.

My only interest is my daughter, I would like to see her frequently (some weekends and holidays), with no problems. I'm a good citizen and legal, good person and professional in my job.


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Just to clarify - how old is your daughter now and are you and your ex both currently resident in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My daughter now is five years old and five months. My ex life with another man and another child in Newcastle, and I live in Huddersfield.

Yes, both are resident in UK

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
In the Uk the law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce it if necessary.
As a starting point you need to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
If she refuses to negotiate then you will have to make an application to the court
Details here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details