How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35043
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi Claire, my partners results for drug and alcohol have

This answer was rated:

Hi Claire, my  ex partners results for drug and alcohol have been received and it shows positive for cocaine and cannabis. he was above the cut off. however the court had ddirected him 3 months and he only did one months test. we have hearing on the 18 November. I have a caff cass visit booked based on his drug results and also I understand he is leading a dangerous lifestyle as he has loansharkers involved with him. I understand he had to close his garage and police were called . due to this can I suggest no contact plus the fact he tells my daughter at her visits her ears are dirty. he is putting her down has been 5 months and his behavior is not calming down if anything he is getting worse. I recemntly rcved his solicitor letter saying that when he calls my daughter once a week we have the tv on loudblast but that is a lie and now he is putting that blame on my partner of the tv but my dad gets my daughter to call him every Wednesday due to court order and there is no tv or my partner and I am at work

Thank you for your question.
Do not suggest no contact.
Simply confirm to the CAFCASS officer that you are concerned about his evident drug use and what he says to her on contact.
let CAFCASS decide the issue
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can there be a possibility of no contact. I have always promoted contact at the contact centre. but his behavior is being so negative towards my daughter and it has been 5 months. with his history is it likely he can get no contact or would it be highly likely it wil be supervised at contact centre.I know courts don't like no contact. but his police record shows gbh on a 14 year old few years ago

There is a chance of no contact.
however do NOT ask for this.
Instead talk about your concerns about the way he talks you your daughter - and of course the need for it to move to a contact centre closer to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if this no contact goes thrugh would it be for life???

Hi ***** am afraid not.
He can make a further application any time up until the child is 16 - and after that date it is entirely up to your daughter if she sees her father
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you.

You are most welcome