How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have had a letter from a solicitor to say that my husband

Customer Question

I have had a letter from a solicitor to say that my husband has applied for a divorce as we have been separated for over 5 years. I left him because of his unreasonable behaviour. He is unemployed. Who will have to meet the costs of this and can he claim maintenance as I am in full time employment. Will I need a solicitor? the house is in his name and we have no children. I lived in the martial home from 1989 until 2000
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What income do you have?