How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35063
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello, I am filling in the divorce separation petition. The

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am filling in the divorce separation petition. The ground of our divorce is my husband's adultery, he agrees with that. In the Part 6 Statement of case, do I need to be very detailed or is this enough as follows: The respondent has committed adultery with a woman who the petitioner has chosen not to name at an address unknown to the petitioner the respondent has committed adultery since May 2014. Is this statement clear enough and will the Court will accept in order to end our marriage? Many thanks for your advise.
Kind regards,
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
That statement will do very well.
HOWEVER do not send the petition to the Court unless you have a written letter or statement for your ex confirming that he will agree to a divorce on those grounds,a s otherwise if he choses suddenly to be difficult progressing the matter will be costly in terms of money and time
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you