How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

The divorce papers have been served but he is refusing to sign

Customer Question

The divorce papers have been served but he is refusing to sign them.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which ground is the divorce based on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Due to alcohol addiction. Not dealing with money matters causing undue stress. Profanity,

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
That is good news as all you have to do is prove that he has seen the Petition.
To do that you need to arrange for the paperwork to be served on him.
If you are eligible for fee remission this can be done through the courts - otherwise you simply need to get an enquiry agent (private detective) to do it - it will cost about £100
If he then continues to ignore it you can just progress regardless
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details