How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am mother to a 5 year old son

Customer Question

I am mother to a 5 year old son, I have a minute of agreement for 2 residental visits per week, we have trialled a shared care agreement which had not worked in my sons best interests, now the father of my son is demanding 50/50 shared care to begin immediately or be taken to court. This is clearly not in the best interests of my son due to the demands of school day contact requested. Is he legally allowed to make demands to gain 50/50 contact, we were never married.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law