My ex has applied for a residency order but has put the case

My ex has applied for a residency order but has put the case on hold in Scotland. I am living with the three children in Leicester. Can I apply for a residency order in England while the other in Scotland is on hold? Thanks
How old are the children and how long have they been in England now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Claire.

Hope you can help

the children are aged between 6 and 2. been in England for about 2 months

Why do you wish to make an alternative application?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because he won't say how long he will keep it on hold for. He wants to keep it on hold till he gets what he wants and that's the kids over Xmas. He is bullying me into it constantly and I need to get this resolved. Is it possible to get an order here since he is stalling?

Why do you not ask the Court in Scotland to relist the matter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in England and traveling to Scotland would be expensive plus kids are in school. Would prefer it here.

I am afraid that until the children have lived in England for at least 6 months you cannot make an application to the English Court.
When that time comes you will need to apply to dismiss the Scottish proceedings so that the new proceedings can be issued in England.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details