How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I currently have a restraining order on my husband. We have

Customer Question

I currently have a restraining order on my husband. We have a 6 year old autistic son together. Since the incident my husband has had counciling and straightend himself out while he's been in prison. Can I get the restraining order lifted, since it was not put against me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was the Order imposed by the Criminal Court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it was made in crown court

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
May I ask how you are aware of his change and what you hope will happen if the order is lifted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't see how that information is relevant to my original question

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
You cannot apply for the Restraining Order to be lifted - your husband will have to make that application and you will need to support it.
However if your aim is to resume your relationship you do need to be aware that Social Services may have serious concerns over the issue and may well threaten proceedings.
This is less likely to be the case if you are aware of the changes because of a Restorative Justice programme and your only aim is to allow some contact between father and child
I had hoped not to have to have made assumptions on those points
Please ask if you need further details