How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My ex and I had a verbal agreement for monthly payments which

Customer Question

My ex and I had a verbal agreement for monthly payments which he's now gone back on. I didn't have a solicitor as I was unable to afford one. He's reduced the payments from 350 to the min 20%. I need to request sops a maintenance but unsure how to go about this. My ex solicitor submitted an application to the court who picked up what he was doing and rejected it as they challenged why I had agreed to no spousal maintenance.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you mean that a Consent Order was sent to the Court but the Judge refused to seal it?
How much do you each earn?