How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hello, I have a quick question about what costs I can claim

This answer was rated:

hello, I have a quick question about what costs I can claim in my divorce
I am the petitioner in the divorce
thank you
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
have you used a solicitor at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare

Yes I have had a solicitor in the past and I have a barrister too - however Barrister on holiday at the moment and I need a few questions answered so I can move my divorce forward


Thinking about the divorce alone - the Petition - did the solicitor prepare this and send it to the court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I completed them but I had advice from both solicitor and barrister whilst completing the forms

I am afraid that the only costs you can claim if you are acting in person are the court fees and any out of pocket expenses - such as stamps etc
You will struggle to claim any legal costs - but you can certainly ask the solicitor for a bill covering the work on the Petition and try and claim it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you