How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi I have been divorced from my wife for around 6 years, before

Customer Question

Hi I have been divorced from my wife for around 6 years, before that we shared 4 bedroom house with our three children. My ex wants to force me to sell the ex- marital home which i am still paying the mortgage and live alone and pay her spousal support Can you advise if she can force me to sell i i can buy her out? and how much maintentance would i pay as only one of the children is a minor and she has never worked since we were married due to a knee injury which she is still on disability for. thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
How old are all the children?