How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

HI I am separated from my husband and he has moved out of

This answer was rated:

I am separated from my husband and he has moved out of the matrimonial home and is living with his brother. He is paying for half the mortgage, and buildings insurance only. I am paying all the other bills. we have no children. my question is, can he turn up unannounced to the property and let himself in when he wants to, or does he have to ask if it convenient to do so. and arrange a mutually convenient time to visit the property
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
It is bad news I am afraid - as a joint owner of the property your ex is entitled to return there whenever he wishes - unless you are able to obtain an order excluding him as a result of violence.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you