How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi. I understand that there were changes to the divorce process

This answer was rated:

Hi. I understand that there were changes to the divorce process recently and it is now expected that divorcing couples go through the mediation process rather than using solicitors to work out a settlement at huge cost. After attending the initial mediation session where the mediator merely explained the process, my wife decided she didn't want to use mediation and wants to go straight to solicitors. Her solicitor has not set a date about 3 weeks hence to exchange the Form-E. Can I insist on going through mediation first ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
No I am afraid that you cannot insist on it if your ex will not co-operate.
However in fairness you would have to prepare the same information for mediation - so there is notingto lose by completing the Form E
Please ask if you need further help
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you