How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi My friend has a house he bought with his ex partner. She

Customer Question

My friend has a house he bought with his ex partner. She lived there a short while then ran off with another man. She came back after about a year and then ran off again. She married this one. My friend has lived there with a crippling mortgage - both the shares - now the prices have gone up (it was in negative equity) he put it on the market. She agreed. They had a buyer and she would not sign unless he agreed to give the whiole proceeds to her even though she has not paid a brass farthing. She has not lived there since october 2010. She also wanted everything out of the house too. So the sale evntually fell through because she wouldn't sign. My friend cannot move on with his life. She is stopping this. What can he do please? This can't be right?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Clare. I shall find the figures for you

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you