How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

D11 to dismiss divorce petition

Customer Question

We want to complete form D11 to dismiss the divorce petition with the consent of both parties due to an agreement to attempt reconciliation. Do we also need to ask the court that the Decree Nisi be rescinded? Can this be done on the same form (presumably in Box 3) and, if so, how do we word it?

I'm also not sure about the 'draft copy' referred to in Box 3, and presumably we answer 'yes' to Box 5 because I understand that telephone hearings can only be carried out if we are represented, which we are not, so I guess we put that in the explanation below.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Just to check - when was the Decree Nisi granted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The answer asked me for more information (just a date) which I provided within 1 minute. That was almost an hour ago and I haven't received a reply.