James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

D11 to dismiss divorce petition

Customer Question

We want to complete form D11 to dismiss the divorce petition with the consent of both parties due to an agreement to attempt reconciliation. Do we also need to ask the court that the Decree Nisi be rescinded? Can this be done on the same form (presumably in Box 3) and, if so, how do we word it?

I'm also not sure about the 'draft copy' referred to in Box 3, and presumably we answer 'yes' to Box 5 because I understand that telephone hearings can only be carried out if we are represented, which we are not, so I guess we put that in the explanation below.

Just to check - when was the Decree Nisi granted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The answer asked me for more information (just a date) which I provided within 1 minute. That was almost an hour ago and I haven't received a reply.