How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

we are in the processing of taking on my boyfriends nephew

Customer Question

we are in the processing of taking on my boyfriends nephew with social services. he currently resides with his grandparents. social services were checking our background and  it has come to light that the social services have spoken to his grandparents stating that I was involved with social services over my children 13 years ago - that I harmed them. basically what happened was my husband had smacked my daughter when she was about 7 yrs old and he had left a bruise on her leg which I hadn't noticed. they didn't have the best relationship being step dad. the school reported it to ss as shaunnie had said that my ex husband had done this and I was told to be home in half hour. they cleared us after checking over my other 2 sons and said it was a child playing up. It must be on file somewhere. shauunie caused a lot of problems in he past. I am appalled that they didn't come to me direct and ask questions they didn't look into it properly and 2 surely they cant say information like that to my boyfriends parents with out my consent. I also having had a bad separation and divorce had my husband say bad thing and this has come out how can I prove my innocence  they all now think that I am harmful to children and James thinks this 2. how to I clear this up as social services have ruined my life and relationship.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How far has the viability assessment of you and your current partner reached?