How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi Clare, this issue with my foreign apartment is continuing

This answer was rated:

Hi Clare, this issue with my foreign apartment is continuing to pop out and my parents said to me, that if I want I can give it to them as a gift. It can be done in couple of days, and then it is just not on the list of my assets in any formally registered way. Should I do just this, it seems I am loosing nothing with that?? Apart from showing that I am saving my foreign family estate from being considered by English courts
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that it is too late to do this.
Any attempt to dispose of assets at this point will be seen as suspicious by the court and this could count against you
The court can simply ignore the Transfer and proceed on the basis that the asset is still available to you
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok.. that is clear... If another house is inherited during the marriage, and she is a registered owner, but the property is occupied by an elderly relative-- is it a property that should be included into divorce proceedings and will be somehow noted by the court??

It is an asset that has to declared and will be taken into account - but is likely to simply be balanced against the property that you own
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you