How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband of 42 years and I are separating. Am I entitled to

This answer was rated:

My husband of 42 years and I are separating. Am I entitled
to half of our properties and any rental and his private pension? I personally only receive the state pension
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is the extent of the assets?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
4 properties, private pension
Did he inherit any assets?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In that case the starting point for the division of all the assets - including pensions is 50/50 and it is unlikely that the Family Court will move far from this on the basis that it will allow you to rehouse yourself and have a reasonable income
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you