How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Ex has missed deadline for Form E responses

This answer was rated:

In the first appointment of my divorce case the judge set a deadline for me and my ex-husband to respond to questions about the Form E. The deadline has come and gone and nothing has been received from ex - we submitted ours on time. I wasn't surprised as he has to submit quite a bit of information that he will simply not want to disclose. Should I ask my solicitor to pursue this with his solicitor or are these deadlines often missed? I'm concerned that we should not be too passive as my ex has a history of trying to move the goal posts. The judge set the FDR to be sometime in January.

Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your solicitor should apply to the court for a Penal Notice to be attached to the oRder and served on your ex.
If he misses the next deadline he can then be threatened with prison
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks for that. I don't want to take the rottweiler approach but patience is running out... am I right in feeling this way? My sense is, based on past experience with my ex, there is nothing to be gained by allowing too much slack. But I do also get the impression that solicitors, judges and the court system go out of their way to be accommodating, so I don't want us to seem heavy handed...
It is a reasonable step to take given the history of the matter
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you