How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi there,I am a parent with primary care and currently

Customer Question

Hi there,
I am a parent with primary care and currently have a Court Order that states that I have to make my son available to his father, every alternate weekend. Last week my son revealed to me that his father had been hitting him. I have reported this to the police and this is currently being investigated by the Child Abuse Investigation Team who have asked that I ensure that there is absolutely no contact between my son and his father until further notice. Please how do I go about informing the Family Court of this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the Order made and how old is your son?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply.
The Contact Order was issued in August, 2009 whilst the Residency Order, which states that I'm the primary carer was issued in 2010.
I have now filed an urgent statement to the Family Central Court with a note asking for it to be referred to the District Judge, informing the Court about the current situation and pending investigation.
Please could let me know if there is any thing else I can do?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How old is your son and have there been any bruises?