How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have a son that lives with his mum, she does not have full

Customer Question

I have a son that lives with his mum, she does not have full custody nor have we ever been to court. There are several things I am not happy with, can I keep him with me until we short the situation out , I believe it is the best interest of my son who is nearly 11 years old. Please advice
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which month and year was your son born, are you named on the birth certificate or were you married to the mother.
What are your concerns about the care the child is receiving?