How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

hi, my husband and I have been separated now for 1 yr we have

Customer Question

hi, my husband and I have been separated now for 1 yr we have two kids ne 2.5yr and one 4yr old the kids live with me in our marriage home but the house is on my husbands name not on my name he is not paying me any maintenance for the kids as he s paying the mortgage on the house. the problem I have is I want him to sign a document saying the house I mine or will be mine once payed off as I cant get a mortgage because I don't get a lot of money I only work part time ...
he wants me to pay anything tht break in the house because I live in the house but I don't want to pay anything unless I know or see a paper saying the house is mine .
any advice please
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We bought the house for around 90 thousend,

My salary a month is £750 with out any benefits

His salary is around £1900 a month

Thing is we have 4 houses but all is in his name i dont want anything else just the house me and the kids are living in at the moment

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How much is outstanding on the mortgage on your property?
Are you intending to start divorce proceedings?