How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Also I earn 120k, he pays a sizeable maintenance for her and

Customer Question

Also I earn 120k, he pays a sizeable maintenance for her and 1 son, could she as part of a divorce look to benefit from my income
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.
His ex can have no claim on your assets or income.
The only way she could have a claim on your home would be if you allowed your partner to pay the mortgage or pay for any alterations or structural improvements to your property as that would give him a financial interest in it
Details of your income may be requested - but only to ensure that he is not supporting you.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details