How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12174
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

What right do I have to contest my father's will in Scotland.

This answer was rated:

What right do I have to contest my father's will in Scotland. He and my mother divorced when I was a child. He has never provided for me since I was 9 years old.
I understand that his will leaves everything to my niece, leaving out my 2 siblings and myself and his other 3 grandchildren.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Thank you for your question.
You and your two siblings can each claim one ninth of his moveable estate, irrespective of the terms of the will.
Moveable property is all estate except land and buildings.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you