How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi there, I am in battle with my ex wife over the child contact

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I am in battle with my ex wife over the child contact order for our 15 months old of son.
To date I have represented myself at Court and would appreciate some advice
I wants to have financial responsibility for my son I voluntarily applied to the Child Maintenance Service because i wants to contribute financially to my son upbringing , however the mother refused to accept my contribution even though she is unemployed and on benefits.
Can the court consider this and force the mother to accept my contribution.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The court cannot force to accept the money - but you can simply pay the money into a separate account which you can hand over when she decides to be sensible
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you