How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

What age do my children have to be before I can evict their

This answer was rated:

What age do my children have to be before I can evict their mother from my home. I was not married to my children's mother
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?
Are you the sole owner?
Is your ex in a new relationship?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My son will be nineteen in february and my daughter hwill be sixteen monday. I am the sole owner of the property and Tracy has never contributed anything financially towards the improvement or bills etc whatsoever, even when we were together.

And no she is not in a relationship

When did you separate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

12 years ago come this January

have you paid the mortgage and child maintenance in the intervening years?
Are there any court orders involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I paid the mortgage and child maintenance and maintained the house during this time. Have u any more questions bcos I would rather answer all u questions in one go, rather than piece meal

No need m=for more information.
You need to help house your daughter until she is 18.
I suggest that three months prior to her birthday you give your ex four months written notice to leave.
send it recorded delivery
I say four months so that it is not actually immediately around your daughters birthday.
If you wish to wait until after her birthday then three months would be ample
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you