How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hello, my family and I were involved in an RTA in 1999, my wife suffer

Customer Question

Hello, my family and I were involved in an RTA in 1999, my wife suffered TBI and has since been profoundly disabled & lacks capacity. I have been running a full time care team at home for the last ten years, my wife has made remarkable improvement over and above what was expected. Two years ago I entered into a relationship, at a recent hearing at the COP regarding my wife living independently, the judge has ordered that my wife is to be told of the breakdown of her marriage and they say they will file for divorce, if this happens there is no way I can protect her, my question is can they do this? the real reason for the breakdown of our marriage was our accident 15 years ago.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I ask why you do not want a divorce?