How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If a woman committs paternity fraud , ie she names the "Wrong"

Customer Question

If a woman committs paternity fraud , ie she names the "Wrong" man as the father but the Wrong Father finds out a year or so after and decides to go along with it ( to keep up appearances , etc ) . Is the wrong Father complicit in the offence ? Does the "Right" / Biological Father have any case against the Mother and / or the Wrong Father ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
No the named man has done nothing wrong by doing nothing.
The mother will simply say that she thought that the man she named was the actual father - an dit is impossible to prove otherwise.
There is no action that you can take against either of them I am afraid
Please ask if you need further details