How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I currently Live in England and after my separation from my

This answer was rated:

I currently Live in England and after my separation from my husband i am looking to move back to Northern Ireland. I have three children one from my ex-husband and two from a previous relationship. The children where born 2002, 2007, and 2011. My question is can my ex-partner or my ex-husband stop me leaving England with the children and moving back to Northern Ireland
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is your ex partner named on the birth certificates of the younger two - and has he acquired Parental Responsibility for the older child in any other way?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are two dad's my husband is present on my youngests birth cert. and my pervious partner (not married) is present on the older 2's birth cert. he has never tried to gain parental rights over my eldest.

What contact do they all have with their respective fathers?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

at the moment the eldest two see their dad 2 nights a week a week. however this is an agreement we have in place and no through the courts. I still live with my ex husband so he is in contact with our son everyday.

What contact will you offer after the move - and how will you fund it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would offer to split holidays and when have my own home over there, was going to offer to let my ex partner to come and stay at my home for the weekend ai culd stay with my parents so that he could have the time with them. in regards ***** ***** fund it question is this how would fund vist or how would fund the move?

It was funding the contact that I was asking about!
You cannot remove the two younger children from England and wales without the agreement of their fathers or an Order from the Court.
technically you could remove the eldest child since your ex does not have Parental Responsibility - but to be honest the court would award it to him as a n emergency order if you did try to take the child.
You need to try and discuss matters with them both using Family mediation
If that fails then unless they make a court application to prevent you you can move - but make sure that you have written evidence that they knew of your plans and you had offered mediation.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you