How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKfamsol Your Own Question
UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 560
Experience:  Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
UKfamsol is online now

I made someone pregnant and now she is asking for child support....we

Customer Question

I made someone pregnant and now she is asking for child support....we had agreement that nod any child and she stopped talking the pill without telling any chance I can win the case?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.

I know this is not what you want to hear - but if you are the biological father of the child, it doesn't make matter whether or not you agreed to the pregnancy, or whether or not you knew that your ex had stopped taking the pill - if it's your kid, you are still liable to pay child support.

Here's a useful government website, which includes a calculator to work out how much child support you would have to pay:

If you think you might not be the father - but the mother still claims child support from you, the CMS will reimburse you for the cost of a paternity test if ithe test proves that you are not the dad.

Here's a list of labs that do paternity tests approved by the Ministry of Justice:-

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks and best wishes...

Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello again

I see that you have looked at my answer but not accepted it. Is there anything in your question you feel I have not answered? Or anything in my answer that you would like me to clarify?

Please let me know and I'll do my best!

Otherwise, I would be grateful if you would now kindly accept and rate my answer.

Thanks and best wishes...